The EFC Disability Thematic Network is cooperating with the Academy of European Law (ERA) and the European Disability Forum in the organisation of 6 seminars on the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UN CRPD) and EU disability law.
The second workshop will take place on 23-24 May 2016 in Trier, Germany. The aim of this seminar is to provide participants with the necessary knowledge and tools for the successful implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. It will also allow them to exchange best practices in the field.
- The UNCRPD: purpose, general principles and obligations, key concepts
- Monitoring role of the UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and State’s reporting obligation
- Building and implementing European and national disability policies
- How to account for the UNCRPD and include disability issues into the legislative cycle
- Key policy issues in comparative light and exchange of best practices: legal capacity, education, employment, accessibility e.g.: in the field of transport and ICT
National civil servants and members of NGOs, DPOs and equality bodies can apply to participate until 22 April 2016
More information on programme and participation is available on ERA’s website
Contact ERA: KCaunes@era.int
This seminar series has received financial support from the European Union Programme for Employment and Social Innovation “EaSI” (2014 – 2020). For further information, please consult: http://ec.europa.eu/social/easi