The EFC Disability Thematic Network is cooperating with the Academy of European Law (ERA) and the European Disability Forum in the organisation of 6 seminars on the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UN CRPD) and EU disability law.
The third workshop will take place on 26-27 September 2016 in Trier, Germany. The aim of this seminar is to provide legal practitioners, NGOs and Equality Bodies, Academics, with the necessary knowledge and legal tools to use the UN Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) combined with relevant EU law in their daily practice.
- The UNCRPD: purpose, general principles and rights, formal and substantive relationship with EU law
- Implementing the UNCRPD in EU law: legislative measures, direct effect, case law of the CJEU
- Legal capacity under Art.12 UNCRPD: guardianship and supported decision-making
- Access to justice under Art. 13 UNCRPD
- Disability in employment: reasonable accommodation and how to tackle discrimination on grounds of disability
- Participation in political, public and cultural life – substantive obligations under the UNCRPD
Legal practitioners, representatives of NGOs and equality bodies with a legal background, law academics from an EU Member State and those candidate countries and EEA/EFTA countries which have decided to participate in the Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme, can apply to participate until 23 June 2016
More information on programme and participation is available on ERA’s website
Download the programme
Contact ERA: LLourenco@era.int
This seminar series has received financial support from the European Union Programme for Employment and Social Innovation “EaSI” (2014 – 2020). For further information, please consult: http://ec.europa.eu/social/easi