The EFC Disability Thematic Network is cooperating with the Academy of European Law (ERA) and the European Disability Forum in the organisation of 6 seminars on the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UN CRPD) and EU disability law.
The fourth workshop will take place on 13-14 October 2016 in Trier, Germany. The aim of this seminar is to provide participants with the necessary knowledge and legal tools to use the UN Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) combined with relevant EU law in their daily practice.
- The UNCRPD: purpose, general principles and obligations, key concepts
- Implementing European and national disability policies
- National implementation and monitoring: Article 33 UNCRPD
- Legal capacity of persons with disabilities: Article 12 UNCRPD
- Key policy issues in a comparative light and exchange of best practices:
- Education (Art. 24 UNCRPD)
- Independent living (Art. 19 UNCRPD)
- Focus on accessibility: Art. 9 UNCRPD; ICT and the built environment
National civil servants and members of NGOs, DPOs and equality bodies from an EU Member State and those candidate countries and EEA/EFTA countries which have decided to participate in the Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme, can apply to participate until 2 September 2016
More information on programme and participation is available on ERA’s website
Download the programme
Contact ERA: LLourenco@era.int
This seminar series has received financial support from the European Union Programme for Employment and Social Innovation “EaSI” (2014 – 2020). For further information, please consult: http://ec.europa.eu/social/easi