We are looking for a flexible, dynamic and motivated candidate to join the Operations Department of the EFC.
Duration: 1 year full time, with the possibility of renewal
- The ideal candidate will be a good all-rounder as the role is 50% support to the reception and office management unit, and 50% support to the events unit.
- The Officer’s role is to maintain the EFC’s high standards of service for tenants and visitors of Philanthropy House, ensuring the smooth running of daily operations, upkeep of office material and successful delivery of events. The position focuses on making Philanthropy House a great place to (net)work in.
- The candidate must be able to work well both independently and as part of a team, and must be proactive and methodical. S/he must have exceptional problem-solving skills, as well as great written and verbal communication skills. The position requires a person that is reliable, well organised, flexible, punctual, precise, consistent, proactive and attentive to detail.
Though this is an entry-level position and no previous work experience is required, preference will be given to candidates with a record of accomplishment in customer care, front office and/or events roles, as well as a proven solution-oriented, can-do attitude. Experience with AV equipment is highly desirable.
Main tasks include:
Under the supervision of the Receptionist/Office Manager:
- supporting the receptionist with her daily tasks (mail, phone, access to building); ensuring reception is covered at all times during working hours (including working in shifts on high-activity days); manage inventory, stock and upkeep of office material; supporting with orders and with the distribution of delivered goods (packages, mail, food/drinks, stationary);
- follow up on communications with tenants and suppliers (building management, cleaning company, … );
- help keep PH welcoming, tidy and presentable at all times (both common areas and back-office/storage);
- contribute to the production and upkeep of working guidelines for reception and office management.
Under the supervision of the Conference and Events Manager:
- assisting with the organisation of all events taking place at Philanthropy House (booking rooms, arranging catering, setting up rooms including IT/AV arrangements, booking restaurants, printing badges, welcoming delegates and organisers, …);
- providing support with travel/hotel bookings for speakers (for EFC meetings and/or larger events like the Annual Conference);
- monitoring and troubleshooting online registration for EFC events (including payment follow up, if necessary).
The Junior Operations Officer will also provide overall support to the Operations Department and its Director when required.
English (main working language of the EFC): excellent command both written and oral
French: excellent command both written and oral
Any other language is an asset
What we offer:
Competitive compensation, including salary, meal vouchers, transportation and language course reimbursements, hospitalisation insurance, and group insurance after one year of employment.
Please send your CV and a half page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference: OPS OFF.
Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as good candidates have expressed their interest. We are looking for somebody to start as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please do not contact the EFC to enquire about the status of your application.