The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is inviting proposals for the next round of Grand Challenges Explorations (GCE) for the following three challenges (application deadline is 2 May 2018):
- Innovations in Immunization Data Management, Use, and Improved Process Efficiency
- Affordable, Accessible, and Appealing: The Next Generation of Nutrition
- Tools and Technologies for Broad-Scale Disease Surveillance of Crop Plants in Low-Income Countries
GCE grants have already been awarded to more than 1300 researchers in more than 65 countries. Initial grants are for $100,000 and successful projects are eligible to receive follow-on funding of up to $1 million. Proposals are solicited twice a year for an expanding set of global health and development challenges. Applications are only two pages, and no preliminary data is required. Applicants can be at any experience level; in any discipline; and from any type of organisation, including colleges and universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organisations and for-profit companies.
Grand Challenges grant opportunities
- Grand Challenges: Campylobacter spp. Transmission Dynamics in Low- and Middle-Income Countries. Application deadline is 2 May 2018.
- Grand Challenges Explorations – Brazil: Data Science Approaches to Improve Maternal and Child Health in Brazil. Application deadline is 2 May 2018.
- Grand Challenges Explorations – India (Round 4). Application deadline is 31 March 2018.
- Misk Grand Challenges: Activating Global Citizenship: Building the Next Generation of Global Citizens for the Global Goals. Application deadline is 2 May 2, 2018.
- Misk Grand Challenges: Reinventing Teaching and School Leadership: Preparing the Youth with the 21st Century Skills Needed for a Knowledge Economy. Application deadline is 2 May 2018.
- Grand Challenges for Development: Creating Hope in Conflict: A Humanitarian Grand Challenge. Application deadline is 12 April 2018.