Position : Program Officer
Direct Report: SNF Director of Programs
Main Characteristics of the Position:
To ensure the follow up of grant making activities including the due diligence process for pre-grant assessment, the preparation of grant proposals and recommendations for board review, and the close follow up of grants at the implementation stage.
- Analysis and evaluation of grant applications for internal review with local advisors in line with internal grant making policy
- Coordination with organizations to build and document application files including project data, financial information and other mandatory information
- Preparation of grant proposals and recommendations for the board review and preparation of grant letters
- Regular contacts with organizations (multilanguage: English, French and Italian) to follow up on grant implementation including review of progress reports and evaluation of payment requirements
- Preparation of Requests for Payments to be transferred to accounts department with support documents for audit review
- Final evaluation at grant completion including review of final reports and figures as well as potential site visit
- Data input and update of the grant management software
- Communication and coordination with other offices program staff concerning grant making strategy, review of specific grants, preparation of common documents.
- Communication and reports on grants to the board
- Communication with Webmaster to feed and update website information
- Backup of Program Head when needed