The EFC is always looking for university students wishing to take a one-year break from their studies prior to their final year, or those individuals who have recently finished studying. Positions require a responsible individual who is outgoing,yet with a committed and sensible attitude towards work. Based in Brussels, Belgium this placement offers you the opportunity to live and work in the heart of Europe and provides you with essential employment skills. Internships generally start in the summer. During the internship, each intern will participate in a rotation to cover the reception and will help to organise meetings.
• There is only 1 vacancy under each position advertised. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Successful applicants will be notified at least 1 month prior to the start of their internship.
• There is a trial period of 3 months.
The EFC does not provide accommodation. However, before you arrive in Brussels you will be provided with accommodation information, although residence in the city is relatively easy to arrange. The average price of accommodation for students and interns is approximately 300-500 euros per month (+2 months guarantee).
Stipend and benefits
For the 12-months period of your internship, the EFC covers:
• A stipend of €750 per month
• €300 travel allowance to return home
• A language course with a limited cost decided by the EFC (max.125€/y)
• 12 business days off
• Work insurance
• Bus/Metro pass within Brussels during your internship period
• Internships are declared to the Belgian taxes. At the end of the internship each intern will receive a work attestation and a holidays attestation