Apply now for the Next Gen Programme at the 2017 EFC AGA and Conference!
The Next Gen Programme aims to integrate the next generation of philanthropic professionals into the world of the EFC and its membership network. The programme is geared toward newcomers to the field of philanthropy – either those just starting their professional careers or those who have switched careers from another sector.
Focus and format
The programme explores opportunities and challenges faced when working at a philanthropic organisation, philanthropy strategy and practice issues, the future of the sector, opportunities for collaboration among funders and much more. Participants engage in group work and networking activities.
Takeaways and learning
Next Gen participants will be able to:
- Gain insight in developments in institutional philanthropy in Europe
- Exchange with peers about what it means to be a professional in philanthropy and which development opportunities may be available
- Meet and build relationships with peers and the wider EFC network
- Find out more about the EFC and learn how the EFC can support foundation staff with their daily work
When and where
The Next Gen Programme is embedded in the EFC annual conference, giving participants a chance to network and share with leading philanthropy professionals from Europe and around the world. This year the conference takes place in Warsaw from 31 May until 2 June 2017.
Who should apply
Next Gen is designed for 10 to 12 newcomers to the philanthropic sector who meet the following criteria:
- Work for an EFC member
- Have not attended a previous EFC AGA and Conference
- Have the support of their supervisor to participate in the programme
- Are comfortable in the conference working language (English)
How to apply
Deadline to apply
12 May 2017
For more information please get in touch with Laura Consorti [email protected]