BackgroundEstablished in 1945 in the aftermath of World War II, Christian Aid has nearly 70 years of development and humanitarian experience. They work for profound change in some of the world's poorest communities tackling the root causes of poverty as well as its effects.They are currently working in 40 countries across Africa Asia, the Middle east, Latin America and the Caribbean. In implementing their programmes around the world, Christian Aid chooses to work solely through partnerships with local organisations instead of operations carried out by their own staff. this is because they believe that local people are best placed to understand their own need and to drive lasting, transformative change in their communities.
Christian Aid adds considerable value to its relationships with partners by empowering them through capacity building and technical support; connecting them to the local, regional and international networks and brokering relationships that enable work to happen at scale; further leveraging resources and expertise by sharing and disseminating learning and expertise across our international programmes; enhancing advocacy work with our local, regional and global reach and expertise; as well as providing protection to partners in insecure environments.
MissionChristian Aid is a international organisation that believes the world should be changed into a place where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. it works globally for profound change that eradicates the causes of poverty, striving to achieve equality, dignity and freedom for all regardless of religion, gender, caste, disability, sexuality or nationality.
Geographic focusAfrica, Asia, Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean
Programme areasThey focus on 5 Strategic Change Objectives:
- Change Institutions_ they want to see all people having the power to influence institutions, so that the decisions affecting their lives are mode responsibly
- Right to Essential Services_ they want to see people able to fulfil their right to access the services essential for them to have a healthy and secure life
- Fair Shares in a Constrained World_ they want all people to be able to have a fair and sustainable share of the world's resources
- Equality for All_ they want to see a more inclusive world where identify is no longer a barrier to equal treatment- gender, ethnicity, caste, religion, class, sexual orientation-
- Tackling Violence and Building Peace_ we want to see vulnerable protected from violence and living in peace.