What is the Next Gen Programme?
The Next Generation programme aims to enable the new generation of professionals in philanthropy to learn about the European Foundation Centre; the state of institutional philanthropy both in Europe and internationally; and key issues and trends of the sector. Created in 2010, the programme furthers the EFC’s commitment to advance learning and knowledge development in the sector, as laid out in the EFC Strategic Framework 2016-2022. The Next Gen programme is embedded in the EFC annual conference, giving participants a chance to network and share with leading philanthropy professionals from Europe and around the world. This year the conference takes place in Brussels from 28 May until 31 May 2018.
Next Gen is designed for 10 to 12 professionals who have recently taken up a job in the philanthropic sector, and enables participants to:
- Gain insight in developments in institutional philanthropy in Europe
- Exchange with peers about what it means to be a professional in philanthropy and which development opportunities may be available
- Meet and build relationships with peers and the wider EFC network
- Find out more about the EFC and learn how the EFC can support foundation staff with their daily work
Who is Next Gen for?
Next Gen is for newcomers to the sector either at the start of their professional career or for those who are making a career change from other sectors. More specifically, participants should meet the following criteria:
- Work for an EFC member
- Have not attended a previous EFC AGA and Conference
- Have the support of their supervisor to participate in the programme
- Are comfortable in the conference working language (English)
In selecting participants, the EFC will seek to ensure diversity. Participation may be limited to one representative per organisation. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to contribute to the Next Gen programme. They will be required to attend the entire conference, participate in the specific Next Gen programme components and provide feedback on their experience and what they learned.
Previous Next Gen participants have consolidated their connection in an alumni group that is regularly working together on the design of the EFC AGA sessions and small pilot projects.
How to apply
For more information and to apply, please complete the application form below and return to Roisin Kelly (email@example.com) at the EFC by 27 April 2018. Please also include your CV.