16:30 - 18:00
Sofitel - Ballroom CD
The varied, ever-evolving operating environments for philanthropy across Europe simultaneously throw up obstacles and offer opportunities for philanthropic organisations. Participants at this session will engage in an exchange around regulatory and restrictive practical constraints and opportunities that impact philanthropy. Initial findings of an EFC/DAFNE study will be presented and participants will share practical experience relating to actions being taken to address these constraints. Panellists and participants will explore the potential for alternative pan-European instruments and other opportunities in this environment in highly interactive roundtable discussions on topics such as
- Tax effective cross-border philanthropy
- Foreign funding restrictions
- Counter terrorism and money laundering policy at international and EU level
- The role and potential of self-regulation
- Business models/venture philanthropy – a tool to enlarge space for philanthropy?