Facilitating more effective philanthropic support for research through transnational cooperation and information exchange by creating a sustainable, broad-based network of independent research-funding foundations and providing for them a platform to learn, collaborate and advocate together.
- Global science
- Excellence in research
- Responsible Research & Innovation (RRI)
- Evaluation and peer review
- European Data Protection Regulation
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Societal challenges
- STEM education
In addition to partnership building, convening and knowledge sharing, the network specifically engages in the following activities:
- Organises biannual Stakeholders’ Conferences on topics of current interest to the broader research community.
- Convenes ad hoc working groups to explore in-depth issues of particular concern to research-funding foundations.
- Hosts exploratory workshops, peer learning activities, round table discussions and seminars.
Steering Group Members
- Riksbankens Jubileumsfond (Chair)
- “la Caixa” Foundation
- Compagnia di San Paolo
- Fondazione Cariplo
- Foundation for Polish Science
- Fundacao Calouste Gulbenkian
- King Baudouin Foundation
- Lundbeck Foundation
- Robert Bosch Stiftung
- Volkswagen Foundation
- Wellcome Trust
The Research Forum is one of the follow-up initiatives to the 2005 European Conference and Expert Group Report on the role of foundations and the non-profit sector in boosting investment in research and innovation. It was launched in 2007 as the “European Forum for Philanthropy and Research Funding”.