Mobilising the foundation sector to make concerted efforts and play a catalytic role in the inclusion of European Roma.
In addition to partnership building, convening and knowledge sharing, the network specifically engages in the following activities:
- Sharing and building knowledge, experience and expertise among foundations working on issues of inclusion
- Providing strategic input to European initiatives looking to reverse the disadvantaged situation of Roma minorities in Europe
- Making a concrete contribution to social inclusion and the rights agenda of Roma through the design and implementation of joint activities
- Freudenberg Stiftung (Chair)
- Bernard Van Leer Foundation
- ERSTE Stiftung
- Fundacion Secretariado Gitano
- Robert Bosch Stiftung
- Open Society Foundations
- Pakiv European Roma Fund
- Trust for Social Achievement
Established in Berlin on 18 September 2009, the idea for setting up this forum originated during the EFC’s annual conference held in Rome in May 2009. During the conference, a group of foundations decided to come together to take the Roma agenda forward in a concrete and proactive way.