The network aims to facilitate mutual learning and a better understanding of gender, and to promote the use of a gender lens throughout our work as foundations.
- Social inclusion
In addition to partnership building, convening and knowledge sharing, the network specifically engages in the following activities:
- Compiling a series of case studies on how including a gender lens in grantmaking contributes to more effective, equitable and sustainable outcomes
- Meeting at AGA to launch the publication of case studies
- Connect with other EFC networks, concretely in 2015 by organising a session at GEF Istanbul
- To increase awareness on gender equality and fight persistent myths such as “gender” being only about women
- King Baudouin Foundation
- Mama Cash
- Barrow Cadbury Trust
- Sabanci Foundation
- OAK Foundation
- Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust
The EFC is committed to promoting gender equality. In 2009 we supported the GrantCraft guide, “Funding for Inclusion: Women and Girls in the Equation”. Together with a number of like-minded foundations the thematic network on gender equality was set up in 2014 as we felt a need for a space at the EFC to advance and promote work on gender equality.