European Parliament Debate: “Single Market for Philanthropy ‒ Helping unlock the potential for public good across Europe”
Hosted by Vice-President Nicola Beer, MEP, this event aims to introduce the debate about the potential of philanthropy for the public good to MEPs and key stakeholders.
The event will kick off with philanthropy case studies to illustrate the diversity and important complementary role of philanthropy, and how it acts as a tool for citizens to engage to contribute to the public good in Europe. Short keynote speeches looking at the topic from different perspectives will be given, followed by interventions by commentators. The event is co-organised by DAFNE, EFC, Renew Europe and the European Parliament.
- Kerstin Jorna, Deputy Director General DG ECFIN, European Commission
- Ludwig Forrest, King Baudouin Foundation
- Dr. Sergey Lagodinsky MEP, Greens, Germany
- Ionut Sibian, Member of the EESC
- Felix Oldenburg, CEO German Association of Foundations
- Felix Fernández-Shaw, Director DG DEVCO, European Commission