EVPA Training Academy: Online Fundamental Training on Venture Philanthropy and Impact Investing
Are you new in the sector of venture philanthropy and impact investing (VP/II)? Then this is the right course for you to deepen your knowledge and grow your network!
Join us and explore how investors for impact use the venture philanthropy approach throughout their investment process. This online course is specifically designed to offer participants who are new to the sector with the fundamental toolkit to practice venture philanthropy and impact investing. As a participant, you will:
- learn the basic concepts and practical tools of venture philanthropy and impact investing
- acquire the knowledge to develop an impact-centric funding strategy
- understand the entire investment process, including techniques used for due diligence, closing and structuring of deals, governance aspects of a venture philanthropy organisation, how to manage an impactful exit and portfolio management
- discover real-life case studies from experienced investors for impact from all over Europe
- learn how to build your own theory of change as an investor for impact.
This is a comprehensive online training co-designed by EVPA and ESADE Business School consisting of self-paced preparation learning, three compulsory online live sessions with leading professors and practitioners, and homework assignments using EVPA’s Online Learning Platform.
On 20 and 27 April two live sessions will take place from 9.00 to 12.00 and 14.00 to 15.30 CET, and one live session on 29 April from 09:00-12:00 CET. The EVPA Training Academy and ESADE Business School have developed an interactive and engaging online training using different online tools, so you can get the most out of this learning experience. After the live sessions you will have the chance to work on your own action plan to develop or revise your impact strategy and you will receive a feedback during a final session on 20 May (10:00-12:00 CET) as well as a certificate issued by ESADE Business School and EVPA. In order to get to know your peers before the course, we offer a one-hour informal network table on 19 April from 16:00-17:00 CET (Brussels time). We strongly encourage you to take part in this informal session, which will help to break the (Zoom) ice and facilitate working with your peers during the live sessions.
All dates at a glance:
Until 19 April: self-paced preparatory learning
19 April, 16:00-17:00 CET: informal get-together network table
20 April, 9.00 to 12.00 and 14.00 to 15.30 CET: First Live Session
27 April, 9.00 to 12.00 and 14.00 to 15.30 CET: Second Live Session
29 April, 9.00 to 12.00 CET: Third Live Session
20 May, 10:00-12:00 CET: Informal Feedback Session
Please have a look at the agenda preview for further information.
Who should attend
The training is designed for practitioners with no or little experience in the VP/II field. It targets professionals from all type of capital providers as impact investing funds and foundations, financial institutions, incubators, accelerators, and corporate social investors with an interest in developing an impact-centric funding approach.
EVPA members have priority access to the courses and enjoy a 50% discount on the regular participation fees.
- EVPA-member fee: 600€
- Non-member fee: 1200€
EVPA members who need support with the course fee have the opportunity to apply for a scholarship (please find more information here).
Registrations and deadlines
- Registrations: deadline 21/03/2021. You can register here. Places are limited, so be sure to book your place as soon as possible.
- Scholarships: deadline 18/03/2021. Please find all the information on how to apply here.
Should you have further inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org