Journalism Funders Forum: What effective media philanthropy looks like right now
Taking place in Paris from 3-4 June, the Journalism Funders Forum will convene some of the world’s leading foundations focused on supporting media and journalism, as well as influential thinkers and high-level experts with significant impact in the foundation and journalism sectors.
The event will connect a group of like-minded peers who are interested in working together as part of a trusted community. This group will exchange knowledge and share insights about the most pressing issues, challenges, and opportunities facing the funding of European journalism and journalists. The ultimate goal is to push forward the agenda on more effective and impactful funding of journalism in Europe.
Among confirmed attendees are representatives of the Adessium Foundation, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Open Society Foundations, Schöpflin Stiftung, Stichting Democratie en Media, Nicolas Puech Foundation, and Reuters Institute for The Study of Journalism.
The Forum will focus on:
- improving philanthropic performance through successful funder-grantee relationships;
- tracking impact in journalism; and
- inciting law and regulation benefitting media and philanthropy.
- guiding principles on philanthropic funding of non-profit news in Europe;
- a comprehensive database of funding opportunities; and
- ways to enhance funders’ transparency and improve knowledge-sharing externally.
The event is by invitation only.
For more information please contact Biba Klomp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event is supported by Adessium Foundation, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Open Society Foundations, Schöpflin Stiftung, Stichting Democratie en Media and Nicolas Puech Foundation. JFF is an initiative by the European Journalism Centre.