Webinar – On supporting the vital role of trusted journalism in a world of fire
The COVID-19 crisis has made the need to support independent, public interest journalism in Europe even greater than before. While providing essential services in a time of immense uncertainty, public interest journalism is having a hard time surviving the crisis and more funds are clearly needed.
The webinar will see speakers share the lessons they have learned and explain why there is a need for more funders to enter the journalism field. The panellists will share practical tools for newbies in this field and explain how even non-journalism funders can make a difference in this field.
- Merel Borger, Programme Manager, Adessium Foundation
- Julia, Programme Officer, Oak Foundation
- Maribel Königer, Director Communications, Media and Journalism, ERSTE Stiftung
- Mira Milosevic, Executive Director of the Global Forum for Media Development
- Léonie van Tongeren, Fund Manager, Civitates
- Biba Klomp, Project Manager, Journalism Funders Forum