BCFN Foundation Webinar – “Post-COVID-19: The Time to Fix the Global Food System is Now”
The Barilla Center for Food & Nutrition Foundation is hosting a webinar exploring “Post-COVID-19: The Time to Fix the Global Food System is Now” on 3 June from 15:00 CET.
While a call to change our food systems from farm to fork has been long discussed, the global pandemic has brought about more urgency and an opportunity to create change. In this conversation, members of the Advisory Board of the Barilla Foundation will provide an overview of the current challenges and discuss an actionable 10-point plan to fix the food systems across the globe.
Experts will discuss the unprecedented opportunities presented in the post-COVID-19 environment to create a resilient food system that can’t be broken and the importance of encouraging informed healthy diets and promoting education for the health of people and the planet, along with a number of other discussion points.
- Marta Antonelli – Head of Research, Barilla Foundation
- Riccardo Valentini – Professor, University of Tuscia and RUDN University of Moscow
- Gabriele Riccardi – Professor, Federico II University of Naples
- Danielle Nierenberg – President, Food Tank
- Million Belay – Founder, Alliance for Food Sovereignty in Africa
- Barbara Buchner – Global Managing Director, Climate Policy Initiative
- Camillo Ricordi – Professor, University of Miami
- Stefano Zamagni – Professor, Johns Hopkins University