The European Foundation Centre’s (EFC) Funders Forum for Sustainable Cities (FFSC) and Regional Foundations Network are joining forces to co-organise a conference on “Local Authority and Philanthropy Partnerships for cross-sectoral solutions” that will be hosted by Realdania on 12-13 October 2017 in Copenhagen.
The conference will examine the question of how to encourage, support and scale up effective partnerships between philanthropy, local governments and communities in this urbanising century in order to deliver synergetic solutions across equitable economic growth, social inclusion, environmental responsibility and climate action in cities. During the two days, we will learn about the enabling conditions for these partnerships to deliver results directly from innovative practices. We will also identify recurrent obstacles and needs; as well as address the interface between these partnerships and the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the New Urban Agenda.
The outcomes of this conference will provide inputs for this year’s conference of the BUILD Programme of The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) on 15-17 November. In addition, there will be opportunities whilst in Copenhagen to take part in on site visits to learn about Realdania’s work in the city.
- Thursday 12 October (all day): Realdania, Copenhagen – including site visits on bicycle to innovative projects in the city
- Friday 13 October (morning): Blox Hub, Copenhagen – optional site visit to Christiania (afternoon)
- To register, please contact Ali Khan at email@example.com.
- Draft programme available via this link
- Suggested hotels, nearby both venues:
- Hotel SP34, http://www.brochner-hotels.dk/hotel-sp34/
- First Hotel Twenty Seven, https://www.firsthotels.dk/hoteller/danmark/kobenhavn/first-hotel-twentyseven/
- Hotel The Square, https://www.thesquare.dk/
- Nimb Hotel, http://www.nimb.dk/da/hotel
For further information on the Funders Forum for Sustainable Cities (FFSC), please click here.