While the international community is at work to develop a Global Compact for safe, orderly and regular migration, the public debate is getting more and more polarised between those who are open to welcome migrants and refugees and the ones who are afraid of new influxes and demand reinforced security measures.
Within this context, with the patronage of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Italy, AVSI Foundation is sponsoring a side-event on the occasion of the forthcoming 72nd United Nations General Assembly to highlight the “Italian approach” to the issue.
The event will present some experiences of partnership among different entities from the civil society, the private sector, the government systems at the local and national level.
- Angelino Alfano Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Italy
- Ministers of Foreign Affairs from Africa and the Middle East (TBC)
- Lorenzo Vidino Director of Program on Extremism, Center of cyber and homeland Security, George Washington University, Washington, DC USA
- Elena Riva President & Co- Owner Panino Giusto, international food and restaurant chain based in Italy, training and hiring migrants in its workforce
- Giampaolo Silvestri Secretary General, AVSI Foundation, Italy
To attend the meeting please write to email@example.com by 14 September