The ERA Academy of European Law, alongside the EFC and the European Disability Forum, will host a training day and seminar with a focus on different financial instruments intended for persons with disabilities, their implementation and monitoring in line with the UNCRPD (United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities).
Key topics include:
- EU financial instruments
- EU funds
- State aid
- Accessible public procurement
- Disability assessment
- Solutions to barriers in accessibility
This seminar will be of particular interest to national civil servants and staff of NGO’s, DPO’s and equality bodies.
By attending you will learn how to:
- identify key areas where the application of the UNCRPD is called for
- distinguish between different sources of law and apply them in relevant situations, so as to deploy both the UNCRPD and the available EU disability law
- ensure a coherent understanding of the concept of disability throughout the EU
- make sure that any financial instrument intended for or available to persons with disabilities is in line with the UNCRPD
- understand the requirements connected to public procurement in the field of disability
- use concrete examples in practice
To confirm attendance please fill in the details here before 1 April.
Please see the following link for more details about the programme: Programme – EU Disability Law and the UNCRPD