Working at the EFC means joining an international team focusing on the many facets of philanthropy, from policy and programmes to specialised events and publications relevant to the sector.
We are always looking for bright people passionate about philanthropy to join our team. We offer intern positions throughout the year to university students wishing to take a one-year break from their studies prior to their final year, or to recent graduates and post-graduates. Learn more by clicking on the sidebar.
City Bridge Trust
Location: London, UK
Application Deadline: 10 August 2020
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2020
12-month Contract/ Part Time 17.5 hours per week
For 25 years, we have worked collaboratively and proactively to ensure we do everything we can to support communities in London not just to survive but thrive. We are proud of our commitment and track record in tackling inequality and reaching the most marginalised people in London. We adapt and learn to ensure we make the most effective grants, and act responsively to ensure our work improves lives across the city for years to come. This requires a talented team within CBT and we are proud to have great people working with us. Join our dynamic team, and you too can help create a London that works for everyone.
This is a varied and dynamic role that will build your skills and experience across administration, stakeholder management and charitable funding. As part of a team of Funding Officers, you’ll work collaboratively to provide core business services within CBT, helping us deliver our ambitious funding strategy. This includes administrative support, providing advice to those receiving or seeking funding and supporting the monitoring of our grants portfolio.
You’ll also be dealing with detailed enquiries from a wide range of stakeholders, including Members of the City of London Corporation and senior Corporation staff, drawing on your expert knowledge and relationship management skills. Supporting other team members is an important part of the role. But just as much, you’ll take on your own training and find ways to continually improve our service.
In terms of experience, you’ll be well-versed in providing administrative support to charitable or similar organisations and providing advice to stakeholders of all levels. You should also have experience working collaboratively in small teams, along with data input and data management.
You’ll also have sound written and verbal communication skills and excellent IT literacy. An effective problem-solver, you’ll be able to manage competing deadlines without losing the quality of your work. You should also be educated to A level standard or equivalent and have a good knowledge of funding in the voluntary and community sectors.
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 10 August 2020
Head of Climate Advocacy
Open Society Foundations
Application Deadline: 11 August 2020
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2020
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your experience of climate justice advocacy at EU level? We’re seeking a Head of Climate Advocacy based in Brussels to lead the advocacy of The Open Society European Policy Institute (OSEPI) in promoting climate justice objectives in the EU.
This is a new dimension of the Open Society Foundations’ work in Brussels and will involve developing advocacy to promote an effective, just and inclusive transition to a zero-carbon economy. That will include influencing climate action to ensure a fair transition, broadening and deepening public participation in climate policy-making, ensuring greater accountability in climate finance, promoting progressive fiscal and investment that serves climate objectives, and threading climate and environmental objectives through the EU’s external policies.
The Open Society Foundations works to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world’s largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The Open Society European Policy Institute is the EU policy and advocacy branch of the Open Society Foundations network, based in Brussels. OSEPI works to influence and inform decision-making on EU laws, policy, funding and external action to maintain and promote open societies in Europe and beyond.
As Head of Climate Advocacy with OSEPI, you will:
- Conceive, execute and revise complex and long-term advocacy strategies to achieve OSF’s goals for EU climate policy;
- Represent OSEPI to key stakeholders in the EU institutions and member-state governments, including in public events and policy debates, operating at a high political level;
- Provide a high level of analysis of climate and environmental policy developments, published in influential media as well as for internal purposes;
- Build and maintain broad coalitions for influencing policy, including advocacy support to OSEPI partners in the OSF network and partners in the field;
- Supervise team members to ensure a high level of team performance in advocacy and further the professional development of individuals;
- Contribute substantially to OSEPI-wide and OSF-wide strategies, creating associated budgets and work-plans, as well as to strategic thinking on climate.
What we are looking for:
- More than 10 years of relevant experience with a proven track record of successfully designing and implementing advocacy strategies;
- Excellent reputation in policy circles for expertise and impact in shaping policy, demonstrable experience in influencing government and EU/international institutions;
- At least 5 years of people management experience; well-honed leadership skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the European Union and networks therein, including institutions, actors, processes and policies; and of public policy and what influences it;
- The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with a strong track-record of successful advocacy and in-depth knowledge of how EU policies and legislation are shaped, as well as a broad understanding of the challenges posed by the climate transition for open societies;
- Solid understanding of recent climate policy developments combined with excellent understanding of the interaction between climate action and other policies, including economic, financial, digital and EU external policies;
- Solid understanding of the relevant media, including social media;
- Willingness to work with a broad range of stakeholders inside and outside OSF (OSF programs in Brussels, London and Berlin, think tanks, researchers and civil society organizations); ability to build, maintain and lead effective advocacy coalitions;
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English, including drafting and editing skills;
- Willingness to undertake regular travel throughout Europe.
We offer ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts. Along with top-notch benefits and perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please visit our website to submit your cover letter (detailing examples of how your advocacy has led to change), CV and one piece of writing that has been published under your name that demonstrates your capacity for sharp analysis, your understanding of the EU political system, and/or your ability to make relevant policy recommendations. We look forward to learning more about you.
Closing date: 11 August 2020.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
Communications & Partnerships Manager
European Venture Philanthropy Association
Application Deadline: 07 August 2020
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2020
You will co-develop and execute an ambitious marketing & communication strategy and public relations strategy, aiming to highlight EVPA as the leading community of venture philanthropists, social investors and SPOs in Europe and beyond. Main goals of this strategy include:
- Building strong visibility of EVPA with a clear message and brand: confirming EVPAas the thought leader on investing for impact in Europe;
- Effectively liaising with members, existing and potential new partners as well as relevant institutional and other stakeholders and mainstream media;
- Increasing sales of our products and services, especially the Annual Conference, the C Summit and the Training Academy
You will be an integral part of the EVPA Marketing & Communications team, reporting to its Director and working closely with the Creative Manager and the Digital Marketing Manager.
The department collaborates cross-functionally with partners in our community, on-the-ground representatives in France, the UK, the Netherlands, Germany/Austria/Switzerland and CE Europe.
You will also work closely with all other EVPA departments (Community & Market Development, Research, Policy, Training Academy) in order to create innovative media/PR content and disseminate it effectively. You will cooperate with the Finance department on the implementation and reporting of the ongoing European Commission grant.
This is a full-time role (38 hours per week), situated at the EVPA Head Office in Brussels.
A certain percentage of remote work in line with the needs and work culture of EVPA is also possible.The post holder should already have the right to be employed in Belgium.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Co-develop and implement an existing marketing and communication plan to strengthen EVPA’s position as a leader in the the social impact space;
- Co-develop and execute omni-channel demand generation strategy includingcontent syndication, email marketing and SEO;
- Co-create a series of multi-channel, multi-step campaigns both for internal (team, Community) and external use;
- Co-develop and implement the partnerships plan and work with partners such as other network organisations, EVPA members & partners in general;
- Co-develop and implement the media plan and work with media outlets to strengthen EVPA’s positioning and give visibility to EVPA members;
- Promote Media Sponsorship and partnership that could add value to EVPA’s offer towards current and potential members;
- Work with a data-driven philosophy, serving members and relevant stakeholders;
- Identify fresh content ideas that feed into the plan to raise media and influencers’ interest in EVPA’s research, services and events;
- Draft press releases and disseminate content through various channels;
- Liaise with community-related and mainstream media outlets;
- Ensure the communication on special projects such as the annual conference and the Corporate Inniatives, but not restricted to these;
- Assist the CEO and MarCom Director with fundraising: donor stewardship and drafting sponsorship packs
- Improve the partnership process and coordination (internally and externally)
Essential Skills & Qualities
- 5+ years of experience in an (online) marketing communications and/or public relations role with a proven track record demonstrating success;
- 5+ year experience working with a multicultural international team;
- Experience in, or knowledge of, venture philanthropy/social investment or social entrepreneurship;
- Experience in navigating through the subtle concepts/meanings/keywords used online and offline in the impact sector a definite plus;
- A high degree of empathy to anticipate how messages resonate with multi-stakeholder audiences, adjusting how content should be presented and framed;
- Highly organised, detail-oriented and able to set clear content guidelines and respect deadlines;
- Savvy of new developments in public relations/social networks and an openness to test new approaches and iterate on an ongoing basis;
- Awareness of the synergies between public relations/social media and digital lead generation, and ideally practical experience in this area;
- Comfortable with managing multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Advanced university degree in Communications/Marketing studies or fields relevant to the post, or first-level degree accompanied with related professional experience;
What would be considered a definite plus?
- Proven experience in donor stewardship and establishment of new partnerships;
- Familiarity with projects supported by the European Commission and/or other institutional/major donors (public or private);
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS/WordPress/Craft CMS;
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and MailChimp;
- Knowledge of Salesforce
What We offer
- Full-time position under Belgian law, primarily based at the Philanthropy House (Rue Royale 94) in Brussels;
- Working across the organisation in a dynamic international ecosystem;
- Part of a highly motivated, international, entrepreneurial and dynamic team;
- A competitive salary, based on experience and skills and an attractive fringe-benefit package including an additional pension/life insurance scheme, group hospitalisation insurance, lunch vouchers and compensation of public transport costs.
- Desired starting date: September-October 2020
How to apply
Sounds like you? Then send us a motivation letter (max. one page) and detailed CV in English or surprise us with an alternative way to apply!
All applications should be sent to communications @ evpa.eu.com (subject: Communications & Partnerships Manager) on a rolling basis and in any case no later than 7 August 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for an interview.
EVPA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and practise diversity in all its forms and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.