A.G. Leventis Foundation, The
The Anastasios G. Leventis Foundation was established in 1979 through an endowment upon the death of Anastasios Leventis, who was a businessman, philanthropist and Cyprus' first Ambassador to UNESCO.
To preserve and present cultural and historical heritage in cooperation with public and private institutions; to support education and philanthropic initiatives; and to support environmental projects primarily concerned with education and public awareness.
Cyprus, Greece, Central and Western Europe, the Balkans and Western Africa
The foundation is involved in the following activities:
• Conservation of Cultural Heritage
• Museums Libraries
• Universities and Scientific Institutions
• Environment & Conservation
• Philanthropic, Humanitarian & Medical Science (specifically the support of research and publications in the fields of genetics and medicine)
• Agricultural education and the environment in western Africa
• History, archaeology and cultural heritage of Cyprus & Greece
• Sports programmes