Daniel and Nina Carasso Foundation
The Daniel and Nina Carasso Foundation was founded in early 2010, under the aegis of umbrella organization, the Fondation de France. It was created in memory of Daniel Carasso – founder of Danone and his wife, Nina. It is a family organization that is independent of the food company. The Foundation is grant making and does not raise funds.
It aims to act in furtherance of general interest projects and create the right conditions for co‑operation between the projects it funds and the beneficiaries of such projects.
France and Spain
Its objective is to fund projects in two areas critical to human well-being:
- Sustainable food and diets, to nourish the body
- Art, to nourish the mind.
The Daniel and Nina Carasso Foundation seeks both to support completed projects which can be put to practical effect in the real world and to foster nascent projects. The Foundation seeks to facilitate encounters and opportunities that bring together fields of enquiry whose paths do not always cross.
The field of action of the foundation is primarily France and Spain, however, it reserves the right to act elsewhere, particularly in countries facing post-emergency situations, especially in the wake of environmental crises, supporting projects related to two major areas.
SUSTAINABLE FOOD PROGRAM
1) Promotion of the systemic approach of food: support to research, advocacy work, training, etc.
2) Territorial approach and social justice
3) From production to consumption=agro ecology, food education
ART IN THE COMMUNITY PROGRAM
1) Art and Education: art education programs in schools
2) Art, Science and Society: call for projects with artist and scientists
3) Committed artists