Novo Nordisk Foundation, The
The Novo Nordisk Foundation is an independent Danish foundation with corporate interests. The objective of the Novo Nordisk Foundation is twofold: To provide a stable basis for the commercial and research activities conducted by the companies within the Novo Group and to support scientific and humanitarian purposes.
To provide a stable basis for the commercial and research activities conducted by the companies within the Novo Group and to support scientific and humanitarian purposes.
Denmark, Scandinavia and certain parts of the developing world (Africa)
The foundation supports scientific, humanitarian and social purposes. The majority of grants are given to medical and scientific projects and to other selected research areas. The foundation’s grants for research are apportioned as support for the following:
• Specific project
• The Novo Nordisk Prize
- Art Research
- Biomedicine and health sciences
- Conferences, symposia and workshops
- Education and outreach
- Life science innovation and entrepreneurship
- Natural and technical science research and interdisciplinarity
- Patient-centered and research-based care
- Social and humanitarian initiatives
- Social science research