Civitates award grants worth €2,467,000 to 11 independent public-interest journalism organisations across Europe
Civitates has awarded grants worth €2,467,000 to 11 independent public-interest journalism organisations to support the general operations of the organisations and strengthen independent journalism across Europe.
The grants, awarded over 3 years, will form part of Civitates long-term support to the organisations, as they seek to ensure they develop in a sustainable, resilient, and interconnected way. The 11 organisations, based in 8 countries, will begin receiving their grants in the beginning of 2021.
- Magyar Jeti/444.hu – Hungary
- Direct36 – Hungary
- IRPI – Investigative reporting project – Italy
- Stichting Bellingcat – the Netherlands
- Fundacja Pismo – Poland
- OKO – Foundation centre for civic monitoring – Poland
- Divergente – Portugal
- Átlátszó Erdély – Romania
- Press one – Romania
- Pod črto – Slovenia
- Civio – Spain