How are EFC members responding to the situation in Afghanistan?
The people of Afghanistan are facing an unprecedented humanitarian crisis brought about by political turmoil and the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Here we will provide an overview of how EFC members and affiliates are responding to the constantly evolving situation in Afghanistan:
- Aga Khan Foundation publish press release renewing commitment to Afghanistan
- The LEGO Foundation announce a new 100m DKK grant to support vulnerable children in Haiti and Afghanistan
- Novo Nordisk Fonden award a grant of DKK 2 million to UNICEF for an emergency action in Afghanistan
- Open Society Foundations announce a $10 million emergency fund for Afghan civilians in peril
- EMERGENCY ONG Onlus has been present in Afghanistan since 1999 running medical facilities and providing healthcare
- International Committee of the Red Cross announce they have treated approximately 47,000 patients in the past 3 months of the conflict
- UNIMED endorses appeal to support the lives and careers of Afghanistan’s scholars, students, and civil society actors