The founder is María Cristina Masaveu Peterson was born in Oviedo on 17 April 1937. She was a woman open to modernity, with a liberal spirit, cultured and sensitive, generous and committed to a great number of social causes, with acute emotional intelligence and deep convictions, she lived her life with the utmost discretion, simplicity and closeness to others. As a businesswoman and philanthropist, she engaged in important charitable work throughout her life.
As a result of her experiences and emotions, the Foundation that she created on 5 May 2006, which bears her name, is a testament to her life and her commitment to the Principality of Asturias, Spain and society in general. She died in Oviedo on 14 November 2006.
To promote culture, training and research in Spain and to contribute to a better society in all aspects.
Spain and Spanish cultural, research and education programmes around the world
The objectives of the Foundation are:
– Promotion, dissemination, conservation and restoration of the Spanish Historical Heritage, of Music and Art in general
– Training of young workers, looking after their integral, human and professional learning
– Scientific research, paying special attention to the technological development of the cement manufacturing industry and its subsequent applications
– Programs of scholarships and grants ”Becas de Excelencia Académica”, training scholarship and music programs
– Artistic scholarships and music programs
– Exhibition of art, photo and programs of loans of works from Masaveu Collection
– Support to projects of research scientist and oncology
– Program of scholarships for the accommodation of students in the United States
– Publications of books of art and cultural exhibitions