Recognising that the most powerful knowledge on the sector resides within the sector itself, we work to surface and share the expertise and experience of our members to strengthen philanthropy. Our members can safely share their knowledge and learn from their peers through our specific peer-learning communities of philanthropy professionals, exchange programmes, and tailor-made peer-learning workshops and events.
Focusing on specific areas of practice within the philanthropy sector, these networks of philanthropy professionals meet regularly throughout the year to exchange knowledge and expertise:
- Communications Professionals in Philanthropy
- European Foundation Financial and Investment Officers Group (EFFIO)
- Operations Professionals Network (OPN)
EFC members can improve their skills through our peer-exchange programmes which cater to all levels of staff in the philanthropic sector – from CEOs to programme staff to professionals just entering the field:
- Foundation CEO Exchange
- Philanthropy Leadership Platform (PLP)
- TIEPOLO – One-on-one skills development programme
- Next Gen – Empowering the Next Generation of philanthropy professionals
The EFC responds to the needs of its members in the ever-evolving philanthropic sector. The EFC organises and hosts customised peer-learning webinars, workshops and meetings based on member interests and needs. Topics for these can emerge from:
- Research requests by members
- EFC analysis and intelligence activities
- Member needs, ideas and initiatives
Have an idea for an event? Contact EFC’s Director of Policy and Programmes, Maria Orejas.