Are you part of the Next Generation in philanthropy?
The Next Gen programme gives a new generation of professionals in philanthropy a unique chance to interact with leading philanthropy practitioners from Europe and around the world, and form lasting networks with their peers. Next Gens are newcomers to the sector – those either at the start of their professional careers or those who are making a career change from other sectors.
What is the Next Gen Programme?
The Next Generation programme aims to enable the new generation of professionals in philanthropy to learn about:
- the European Foundation Centre;
- the state of institutional philanthropy both in Europe and internationally;
- and key issues and trends of the sector.
Created in 2010, the programme furthers the EFC’s commitment to advance learning and knowledge development in the sector. The Next Gen programme is embedded in the EFC Annual Conference, giving participants a chance to network and share with leading philanthropy professionals from Europe and around the world.
Since its establishment, more than 70 participants from over 40 organisations have taken part in the programme, and a couple of dozen now form part of a dynamic Next Generation Alumni group.
About Next Gen 2021
This year’s Conference will take place 18 October until 20 October 2021 in Vienna. Application to Next Gen Programme will be open to all members until the 8th of July.
The Programme is designed for EFC Members only who are:
- young professionals;
- professionals who have recently taken up a job in the philanthropic sector;
- have not attended a previous EFC Annual Conference.
The Programme will enable to:
- gain insight in developments in institutional philanthropy in Europe;
- exchange with peers about what it means to be a professional in philanthropy and which development opportunities may be available;
- build relationships with peers and the wider EFC network
- find out more about the EFC and learn how the EFC can support foundation staff with their daily work.
In order to comply with safety measures, this year we will offer the Next Gen Programme only to 5 participants, who will have the opportunity to talk and learn from some representatives of our experienced Members.
Your Next Gen meetings will take place in informal settings that we will organise for you. We want you to make the most of our Conference and of what the Programme Committee has developed in the past months, so these meetings will not be arranged in parallel with other sessions of the main event.
How to apply
The Next Generation programme is part of the EFC’s ongoing commitment to improving peer-learning and connection among its members. Learn more about the EFC Strategic Framework 2016-2022.