The network aims to facilitate mutual learning and a better understanding of gender, and to promote the use of a gender lens throughout our work as foundations.
- Social inclusion
In addition to partnership building, convening and knowledge sharing, the network specifically engages in the following activities:
- Compiling a series of case studies on how including a gender lens in grantmaking contributes to more effective, equitable and sustainable outcomes
- Meeting at AGA to launch the publication of case studies
- Connect with other EFC networks, concretely in 2015 by organising a session at GEF Istanbul, and with the EEFG network in Brussels in 2018.
- To increase awareness on gender equality and fight persistent myths such as “gender” being only about women
- King Baudouin Foundation
- Mama Cash
- Barrow Cadbury Trust
- Sabanci Foundation
- OAK Foundation
- Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust
- Fondation Chanel
The EFC is committed to promoting gender equality. In 2009 we supported the GrantCraft guide, “Funding for Inclusion: Women and Girls in the Equation”. Together with a number of like-minded foundations the thematic network on gender equality was set up in 2014 as we felt a need for a space at the EFC to advance and promote work on gender equality.
The Gender Equality network is part of the EFC’s ongoing commitment to enhancing collaboration and connecting its members. For more information on the EFC’s seven key priorities, please download the EFC Strategic Framework 2016-2022.