Aiming to exchange ideas and practical expertise to build a sense of community among European foundations working regionally, this network is in the process of shaping its agenda.
The network has two main objectives:
- Share experiences and practices – both successes and failures
- Discuss subjects that are of common interest for regional foundations
Are you a regional foundation? Do you want to enlarge your horizons and meet with peers to share your views? This is your chance to get involved!
Potential focus areas are:
- Relationship with local governments, media, partners and other stakeholders
- Regional dimension of social entrepreneurship
- Improving people’s perception of their own communities
- Transparency, legitimacy and accountability
Founding members of the Regional foundations network are:
- Community Foundation West Flanders (Belgium)
- Cultiva - Kristiansand Kommunes Energiverksstiftelse (Norway)
- Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Cuneo (Italy)
- Fonds Schiedam Vlaardingen e.o. (The Netherlands)
- Fonds 1818 (The Netherlands)
- Stiftung Braunschweigischer Kulturbesitz (Germany)
The Regional Foundations Network is part of the EFC’s ongoing commitment to enhancing collaboration and connecting its members. For more information on the EFC’s seven key priorities, please download the EFC Strategic Framework 2016-2022.